This roasted beet salad will have you singing the praises of this root veggie and begging for seconds! It’s tossed with fruit, nuts, and crumbled cheese all coated in a delicious homemade balsamic vinaigrette. A light lunch that’s both healthy and delicious!
2023 is the year for beets. If you haven’t already incorporated them into your cooking, you need to! Not only are they packed with fiber and heart-healthy, but super versatile too! You’ve got to add this beet hummus and pear and beet salad to the recipe lineup. This recipe for Instant Pot beets is also great for all of your cooking needs! Soft, tender beets in a snap!
Roasted Beet Salad Recipe
If you’re looking for a salad that’s both delicious and beautiful, look no further than this roasted beet salad! The vibrant colors of the beets and oranges, combined with the creamy goat cheese and crunchy nuts, make this dish a feast for both your eyes and your taste buds. It’s light, fresh, and flavorful. Everything that a homemade salad should be!
And let’s not forget the balsamic dressing – it ties everything together perfectly, giving the salad a tangy kick that complements the sweetness of the beets, oranges, and blueberries. Trust me, once you try this salad, you’ll wonder why you ever thought beets were just for boring salads or pickling! This versatile root veggie is great in so many different recipes! Find my full list of tasty dishes to use them in here.
This is everything I used to put this tasty roasted beet salad together, but feel free to swap anything out for your favorite dressings or mix-ins! Beets are extremely versatile and work well for all kinds of flavors.
- Baby Arugula or Spring Mix: These tender greens provide the perfect base for the roasted beet salad. They also have a slightly peppery taste that balances out the sweetness of the other ingredients.
- Roasted Beets: The MVP here! Roasted beets give the salad a rich, earthy flavor and beautiful deep red color. Plus, they’re packed with nutrients like fiber and potassium.
- Goat Cheese: Creamy, tangy, and a little bit salty, crumbled goat cheese adds the perfect amount of richness to the salad.
- Red Onion: Red onion provides a nice contrast to the sweet beets and oranges. Plus, its bright color adds a pop to the dish.
- Pecans: Whether candied or raw, pecans bring a satisfying crunch to the roasted beet salad. They also provide a nutty flavor that complements the other ingredients!
- Blueberries: These juicy little berries add a burst of sweetness to the roasted beet salad.
- Oranges: Sliced oranges add a juicy, refreshing citrus flavor to the salad.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette: The finishing touch! The tangy, slightly sweet flavor of balsamic vinaigrette brings all the ingredients together. You can also try making your own using my recipe here. It’s so easy to whip up! (And free of preservatives!)
How to Make Roasted Beet Salad
This easy salad will be the star of the dinner table! It’s so light and fresh, and the variety of colored veggies give it the best presentation. It also only takes 10 minutes to make, so it’s the perfect side dish for when you’re short on time.
- Marinate Beets: Slice the roasted and cooled beets. Then add them to a bowl along with about 3 tablespoons of dressing. Stir to coat and then allow them to marinate for a few minutes while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Start With Arugula: To assemble the salad, add the arugula to a large bowl.
- Mix In Remaining Ingredients: Add the marinated beets, goat cheese, onions, blueberries, oranges, and sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Add Dressing: Drizzle on the balsamic vinegar dressing and then toss to coat the ingredients well. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
“Beet” the same old salad routine with this tasty recipe and easy tips and tricks! Roasted beet salad is so easy to customize, make it your own!
- Use Canned Beets: Alternatively, you can use canned beets that have already been roasted. Make sure they aren’t pickled because you will marinate the beets in the balsamic dressing.
- Extra Flavor: Marinate the red onion in the dressing as well if you desire.
- Other Dressings and Vinaigrettes: If balsamic vinaigrette isn’t for you, you can also use things like creamy poppyseed dressing, Green Goddess dressing, or honey mustard dressing for a kick of tangy flavor. Lemon or apple cider vinaigrette are great choices as well if you want something more light and bright!
Roasted beet salad is best served fresh, but you can also store it in the fridge for 3-4 days. Just make sure it’s in an airtight container for best results!
Note: since the freshness of the fruits and vegetables you use can vary, check for spoilage before consuming.
Slice the roasted and cooled beets. Add them to a bowl along with about 3 tablespoons of dressing. Stir to coat and allow them to marinate for a few minutes while you prepare the rest of the salad.
To assemble the salad, add the arugula to a large bowl.
Add the marinated beets, goat cheese, onions, blueberries, oranges, and goat cheese.
Drizzle on the dressing and toss to coat the ingredients well. Enjoy!
Serving1cupCalories217kcal (11%)Carbohydrates13g (4%)Protein4g (8%)Fat17g (26%)Saturated Fat3g (15%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat3gCholesterol4mg (1%)Sodium350mg (15%)Potassium336mg (10%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar8g (9%)Vitamin A720IU (14%)Vitamin C16mg (19%)Calcium75mg (8%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Discussion about this post