This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
These Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Bites are delicious hand held appetizers that are perfect for any gathering! Made like a classic cheeseball with bacon, cream cheese, green onions, and pecans and held together with a pretzel, these little bite-sized snacks are hard to resist!
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Bites
I love savory appetizers! Maybe even more than dessert. These cheese ball bites are so fun because of how they are served! Instead of the traditional cheeseball where you have it surrounded by crackers and pretzels, this bite-sized treat already has the whole thing ready to go.
Not only are they practical and so cute for a large crowd, but they are also so delicious! Packed with bacon, cheese, and some green onions, they make the perfect savory treat. Trust me, I bet you won’t be able to stop at just one!
Ingredients in Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Bites
- Cream cheese: The base and what holds it all together.
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Mix: This adds in a great flavor to the cream cheese base.
- Cheddar Cheese: the cheese adds texture to the cheeseball.
- Green Onion: The green onion adds a beautiful color and a complementary flavor.
- Bacon: You can cook the bacon beforehand or use bacon bits to make it easy!
- Pecans (or almonds): The nuts add some crunchiness to the mix.
- Pretzel Sticks: These make it the perfect grab and go appetizer.
How to Make Bite Sized Cheese Balls
This recipe is so simple to make and in lass than 15 minutes, you will have an appetizer ready to go for your party!
- Mix: Mix the cream cheese and dry ranch packet together.
- Combine: Add the cheese, onions, and bacon. If you use bacon bits, it will be about 1/2 cup.
- Form Balls: Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop out the mixture and roll into your hands to form a ball. Roll into the chopped pecans mixture. Stick a pretzel into each center.
Making mini cheese ball bites is so easy, and they are even easier to change up! Add in more veggies, different cheeses, or whatever you need to make these fit your occasion.
- Don’t Use Pre-Shredded Cheese: If possible, shred your own cheese for best results. Pre-shredded cheese has an anti-caking agent (extra flour) and is hard to form a ball with the cream cheese.
- Add some Heat: If you like things a bit spicier, try adding in some diced jalapeños to the cream cheese mixture.
- Substitute for Nuts: if you are allergic to nuts or just don’t like them, you can leave the cheeseballs plain. You can also crush up some Ritz crackers and roll them in that or even some additional bacon bits!
How to Store Leftovers
Whether it’s making them ahead of time or leftovers, here is how you can store these bacon ranch cheese ball bites to make them last.
- In the Refrigerator: Once they are finished being assembled, simply place them on a tray or container and lay them flat into the refrigerator. It is best to serve within a few hours of making them.
- Can you freeze Mini Cheese Ball Bites? Yes! These make for a great snack or appetizer. These will freeze well in the freezer in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to one month. When ready to serve, remove it from the freezer and place it on a tray to thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Once soft, serve and enjoy!
Pin this now to find it later
Mix the cream cheese and dry ranch packet together. Mix in a bowl until smooth.
Add the cheese, onions, olive if using and bacon. If you are short on time, buy the real bacon bits and add about a 1/2 cup.
Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop out the mixture and roll into your hands to form a ball. Roll into the chopped pecans mixture. Stick a pretzel into each center.
Updated on November 16, 2023
Calories: 122kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 5gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 147mgPotassium: 96mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 79IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 61mgIron: 1mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.